Thursday, October 3, 2013


In the late 1980's, when I was a starving Artist, a friend mentioned to me that a trendy bistro in Vancouver's west end could use an Artist to draw weekly features on their newly installed chalkboard. I did not see any promise in such a pursuit, but I followed her lead. In 3 years, I was drawing chalkboards at nearly 200 restaurants, bars, and cafes in Vancouver and the surrounding area. In 1990 I was offered a contract to travel all over Canada and 2 states drawing chalkboards for a large chain of restaurants. I did this work for 10 years and produced roughly 5000 drawings, all of which have been documented by 35mm camera. Here is a small selection of those works. - Rob Bowen






































































4 comments:

  1. Rob... good to see your work.
    Hope you get this message... Dave and Yvette Donaldson.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rob. From Prince George BC. My sister has several of your chalk art. Her favorite is Einstein. She also has a gem of your work. The huge 8'x5'Beatles piece. We both admire your work and sending many more successful wishes for your artwork.

    ReplyDelete